USMNT vs. Jamaica: Quarterfinal Preview
Date: July 17, 2023
Time: 7:30 PM ET
Location: Exploria Stadium, Orlando, Florida
TV: Fox Sports 1, Univision
The United States men's national team (USMNT) will face Jamaica in the quarterfinals of the 2023 CONCACAF Gold Cup on July 17 at Exploria Stadium in Orlando, Florida. The match will be broadcast on Fox Sports 1 and Univision.
The USMNT is coming off a 3-0 victory over Martinique in the Round of 16. The team has been one of the most dominant in the tournament, outscoring its opponents 12-0.
Jamaica, meanwhile, is coming off a 2-1 victory over El Salvador in the Round of 16. The team has been led by forward Shamar Nicholson, who has scored three goals in the tournament.
The USMNT and Jamaica have met 29 times in international competition, with the USMNT holding a 19-5-5 advantage. The teams last met in the 2019 Gold Cup, with the USMNT winning 3-1.
This is a big match for both teams. The winner will advance to the semifinals of the Gold Cup, where they will face either Canada or Mexico.
Key Players to Watch
- Christian Pulisic: The Chelsea midfielder is the USMNT's most dangerous player. He has scored two goals in the tournament and is capable of creating scoring opportunities out of nothing.
- Brenden Aaronson: The Philadelphia Union midfielder has been one of the USMNT's most consistent players in the tournament. He is a good passer and dribbler, and he is also a threat to score goals.
- Matt Turner: The New England Revolution goalkeeper has been a standout in the tournament. He has made several key saves, and he is a big reason why the USMNT has not conceded a goal in the tournament.
- Shamar Nicholson: The Sporting Kansas City forward has been Jamaica's most dangerous player in the tournament. He has scored three goals and has been a constant threat in front of goal.
- Andre Gray: The Queens Park Rangers forward is another dangerous player for Jamaica. He is a good finisher and is also a threat in the air.
- Javain Brown: The West Ham United defender is a key player for Jamaica's defense. He is a good passer and dribbler, and he is also a good defender.
The USMNT is the favorite to win this match. The team has been one of the most dominant in the tournament, and it has a number of dangerous players who can score goals. Jamaica is a good team, but it will need to play its best game of the tournament to beat the USMNT.
I predict the USMNT will win this match 2-1.
Source: https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2023/06/concacaf-gold-cup-usmnt-vs-jamaica-match-preview-tv-channels-start-time (accessed June 25, 2023).